Are you looking to satisfy your sweet tooth with a delicious and simple cake recipe? Look no further than this tasty strawberry dump cake! Bursting with fresh strawberries, a flavorful buttery crust, and hints of vanilla and almond flavors, this is sure to be one of your favorite cakes. Using just three ingredients – pre-made cake mix, butter and frozen or fresh strawberries – you can whip up this delectable treat in less than an hour. Ready to satisfy your cravings? Let’s dive into the recipe for our strawberry dump cake now!
Introduce the strawberry dump cake recipe and explain why it’s so delicious and simple.
Strawberry dump cake is a delicious and easy dessert that anyone can make. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a tasty treat that will impress your family and friends. This recipe is perfect for those who love the combination of sweet and tart flavors, as well as those who are short on time but still want to enjoy a homemade dessert.
The beauty of this recipe is that it requires no baking skills or special equipment. All you need is a baking dish, a mixing bowl, and a few basic ingredients that are probably already in your pantry. So if you’re new to baking or just looking for a quick and easy dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth, then this strawberry dump cake recipe is definitely worth trying.
List all ingredients needed and instructions for prepping the strawberries
To make this delicious strawberry dump cake, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 can of crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries (sliced)
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- Whipped cream or ice cream for serving (optional)
Step-by-step guide on how to make the cake, including baking times and temperatures
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yellow cake mix and crushed pineapple with its juices.
- Spread the mixture evenly in a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Top with sliced strawberries, spreading them evenly over the cake mixture.
- Drizzle melted butter over the top of the strawberries.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the edges are bubbly.
- Let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- If desired, serve with whipped cream or ice cream on top for an extra treat.
Tips and variations to make this recipe even better
To enhance the flavor of this strawberry dump cake, you can add a sprinkle of cinnamon or a pinch of nutmeg to the cake mix before baking. You can also try using different types of fruit such as peaches, blueberries, or cherries instead of strawberries for a variety of flavors..
Tips and tricks for baking a perfect strawberry dump cake every time
To ensure a perfect strawberry dump cake every time, make sure to evenly spread the cake mix and pineapple mixture in the baking dish. It’s also important to distribute the strawberries evenly on top and drizzle the melted butter over all parts of the cake. Additionally, using fresh and ripe strawberries will result in a sweeter and more flavorful dessert. Lastly, make sure not to overbake the cake as it can lead to a dry and hard texture. Check the cake at 35 minutes and add additional time if needed. Serve warm for best results.
Recommendations for different toppings to try with the cake
Aside from whipped cream or ice cream, there are many other toppings that pair well with this strawberry dump cake. Some recommendations include:
- A dollop of Greek yogurt for a healthier option
- Chocolate syrup or hot fudge for a decadent touch
- Chopped nuts such as almonds or pecans for added texture and flavor
- Fresh mint leaves for a refreshing twist
- Caramel sauce for a rich and sweet topping
Try experimenting with different toppings to find your favorite combination! So next time you’re in need of a quick and delicious dessert, don’t hesitate to whip up this simple yet scrumptious strawberry dump cake. Your taste buds will thank you. Happy baking! And remember, the possibilities are endless with this versatile recipe, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. Enjoy!
Ideas for fun variations of the strawberry dump cake recipe
- Adding a layer of cream cheese in between the cake mix and strawberries for a creamy twist
- Swapping out the crushed pineapple for canned cherry pie filling for a different flavor profile
- Using chocolate or white cake mix instead of yellow for a chocolate-covered strawberry taste
- Adding a crumble topping made with oats, brown sugar, and butter for added texture.
With these fun variations, you can create a unique and delicious strawberry dump cake to suit your taste preferences. Have fun experimenting in the kitchen and enjoy the endless possibilities with this simple yet flavorful recipe. Happy baking! So next time you’re looking for an easy and satisfying dessert, give this strawberry dump cake a try. You won’t be disappointed! Keep spreading happiness one slice at a time.
In conclusion, strawberry dump cake is a delicious dessert that can be made with minimal effort and time. With only three ingredients needed, it makes for a tasty treat without having to go through an elaborate preparation process. If you’re a fan of fruit-flavored cakes, then this recipe might just become one of your favorites! This recipe is guaranteed to please everyone at your next dinner party or family gathering. Now, what are you waiting for? Gather your ingredients and begin baking the delicious ! And if you’re looking for more berry-themed desserts recipes, be sure to check out our Blueberry Pound Cake! Enjoy your freshly made sweet treat!
What ingredients are needed to make a strawberry dump cake?
To make a delicious strawberry dump cake, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 2 cans of strawberry pie filling
- ½ cup of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (optional)
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for serving (optional)
How long does it take to prepare a strawberry dump cake?
The preparation time for a strawberry dump cake varies depending on the method used. If you are making it from scratch, it can take about 15 minutes to prepare the cake batter and another 10-15 minutes to assemble the rest of the ingredients. However, if you are using pre-made cake mix and canned pie filling, it can significantly reduce the preparation time to about 5-10 minutes. The baking time for a strawberry dump cake is usually about 35-40 minutes.
How do you make a strawberry dump cake from scratch?
If you want to make a strawberry dump cake entirely from scratch, follow these simple steps:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon of baking powder and ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Add in ½ cup of milk, 1 beaten egg, and 2 tablespoons of melted butter to the dry ingredients. Mix well until a smooth batter forms.
- Spread the cake batter evenly into a greased baking dish.
- Spoon 2 cans of strawberry pie filling on top of the cake batter.
What type of pan is best for baking a strawberry dump cake?
A 9×13 inch baking dish or pan is ideal for making a cake. This size allows for the perfect ratio of cake batter to fruit filling and ensures that the cake bakes evenly. You can also use a smaller or larger baking dish, but keep in mind that the baking time may vary slightly. It’s best to use a glass or ceramic pan for even baking and easy removal of the cake.
Can you freeze a strawberry dump cake?
Yes cake can be frozen for later consumption. After baking and cooling the cake, wrap it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil before placing it in the freezer. It can last up to 3 months in the freezer. When ready to eat, thaw the cake in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for 10-15 minutes until warmed through. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a delicious treat.
How do you store a strawberry dump cake?
If you have leftovers or want to store a strawberry dump cake for later, it’s best to refrigerate it. Wrap the cooled cake tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in the refrigerator. It can last up to 3-4 days when stored properly.
How long can a strawberry dump cake last?
A freshly baked strawberry dump cake can last for 3-4 days when stored in the refrigerator. However, if frozen, it can last for up to 3 months. It’s important to keep the cake well-wrapped and sealed to avoid any moisture or air from getting in. This will help maintain its freshness and prevent it from spoiling quickly.
What are some variations of strawberry dump cake?
While the classic cake is made with yellow cake mix and canned pie filling, there are many variations you can try to customize it according to your preference. Here are a few ideas:
- Use chocolate or white cake mix instead of yellow for a different flavor.
- Swap out the strawberry pie filling for other fruit fillings such as blueberry, cherry, or peach.
- Add chopped nuts or coconut flakes to the cake batter for added texture and crunch.
- Experiment with different spices like nutmeg, cardamom, or ginger for a unique twist.